Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Picture#11 '03


It is summer, we are in Creighton, SK, visiting my cousins and Grandma. Someone probably Auntie Sandy said, "Hey, we should get a picture with Grandma and all the grandkids!" so we piled onto the couch and took a picture. What I really like about this picture is that it captures the special relationship that Grandma and I had.
When I was little I was very close to my Grandma. I followed her everywhere, and tried to do everything she did. However, she always loved my sweet and gentle little sister and would favour her whenever she'd bring new fabric over to sew us some new clothes. I just wanted be loved by her. We got a long quite well until my Mom got sick. Once my Mom got sick my Grandma was unable to see the hurt and the need of her daughter's family but only her sick daughter. She unwittingly hurt my Dad, and I very badly by judging us and saying we were not doing enough for Mom even though both of us had sacrificed pretty much everything in order to take care of Mom. Last year I wrote my Grandma a letter explaining the pain she had caused and ever since things have been on much better terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment