Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Last Post




I'm not entirely sure what conclusions to draw from these pictures. I could say:
  • Life is fickle record any memories worth saving cause if anything happens to you or your brain the people around you will lack your perspective on life
  • Some parts of my life are lost somewhere they are locked up in unreachable parts of my Mom's brain so I'll never know for sure which birthday or Christmas concert is pictured
  • Memory is a funny thing, sometimes it is vivid and you can taste, smell and feel the experience other times it leaves you drawing a blank no matter how hard you try.
I must conclude that this was an interesting and challenging experiment. It was intriguing to see what kind of memories some of those pictures stirred up. It was a success because it allowed me to explore and try and rewrite my history from random clues within each picture by probing my memory to see if somehow subconsciously I knew something more.

I will leave you with a picture symbolic of the journey. We all have our past and our past is a part of us but our past does not define us. We are defined by how we choose to act in light of our past. I choose to take what I can from my spotty history to treasure the good memories and learn from the harsh realities. I choose to keep traveling down the path God puts before me and to embrace the present as it comes. I will attempt to record my memories for those who come after me that they may learn from my mistakes and share in my adventures.
Thank you for journeying with me through this shoebox

No comments:

Post a Comment